OMG. I can’t even believe I’m posting this right now, I mean, are you kidding?!
But they are so funny! I’ll admit, I saw a bunch of these on Pinterest and was like, uh, gross, who makes these? -ahem- apparently I do now.
I’ve been searching for funny jokes and pranks to do on the kiddos this April Fools’ Day, and I have been pretty disappointed, there isn’t much out there that is “kid friendly”. So far, I packed a silly lunch, served frozen juice at breakfast, and hidden fake bugs all over the house. I’m hoping this afternoon snack is a winner!
So friggin’ gross right? Side note: you can find more non-poop shaped recipes here.
Ready to whip a batch up?
Here’s what you need…
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 TBS butter
- 1 egg
- Optional: sparkle gel or crushed sprinkles (more below on this)
Here’s what you do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine egg, softened cream cheese and butter until well mixed.
- Add cake mix and mix really well. Don’t be afraid to dig in with your hands to get it all combined, it’s pretty dry.
- Roll and shape away! Let your imagination run wild (lol) You can even add peanuts or other gross features like this recipe. (Tip: make them on the small side, they expand when baking!)
- Place poops in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until cookies bounce back when touched gently.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Optional: Add sparkle gel or crushed sprinkles (see note) with a brush for that fresh poop sheen. I can’t believe I just wrote that!
Note: I didn’t have sparkle gel, so I put some silver sprinkles in a bag, rolled them until pulverized with a rolling pin and added a couple of drops of water. Brush on with a small brush and voila!
You can serve these on a plate, leave them scattered through the house, or toss them in a dish with graham crackers. Either way, they are super gross looking, but pretty delicious!
Did you pull any pranks on your kids this year? If so, tell me below! Also, if you decide to make these, tag me on Instagram! I’m about to post these on there – and I’m sure I will lose some followers who don’t read the caption LOL. Enjoy!
Courtney m.April 1, 2016 at 11:21 pm
Oh my god. That is too much. So hilarious although I’m not sure if I could bring myself to eat them just because of their look lol good job Gina!!!
GinaApril 2, 2016 at 12:07 pm
hahaha thanks Court! The boys LOVED them, of course 😉