In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve been on a muffin tin, mini pie roll these days. The kids love them, they’re easy to make, store, and aren’t messy. (Here’s our apple and pumpkin ones.) I wasn’t planning on making these, but I was browsing through cabinets in hopes I’d have an epiphany for a super cool after school snack when I thought of these. They totally qualified as super cool, even Mr. Kirk enjoyed them.
The only problem… what do I call them?
They’re not quite s’mores because they don’t have marshmallow, they’re not quite magic bars because they don’t have caramel. I was going to call them mini peanut butter s’mores pies, but settled on peanut butter magic bites. I suppose they’re closer to magic bars than s’mores.
The good news is you can call them whatever you want, and you probably won’t care about their name once you taste them!
Here’s what you need…
- One pack (about 9) of cinnamon graham crackers (cinnamon adds to the s’mores flavor, you can always use honey flavor instead. I used Annie’s Homegrown.
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter, KerryGold is a favorite in our house.
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetend coconut, I love the Woodstock Foods brand.
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, I used these Enjoy Life Foods ones.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, again, Woodstock is a favorite here!
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (any brand!)
Here’s what you do…
- Preheat over to 350 degrees, and grease your muffin tin (really well!)
- Throw your graham crackers in a food processor until smooth, then add in melted butter
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons into each muffin tin (this will fill twelve)
- Press firmly so you form a layer of graham cracker crust on the bottom of the tin
- Layer in 1 TBS of coconut, 1 TBS of peanut butter, 1 TBS of chocolate chips, and then top with about 1 TBS of the condensed milk. You want the milk to cover the entire top of this, so spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Let cool for an additional 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and enjoy!
Add these to your next party or holiday dessert spread for an easy, delicious, portable treat!