Oh hey! I’m Gina.
I’m a wife, mom of three boys, and lots of animals. My family and I live in Massachusetts, home of Cape Cod and Plymouth Rock (it’s much less exciting than in the history books, promise!) I’m the author here, and have been writing since 2011. Here you’ll find bits about motherhood, healthy, frugal living, DIY and home – a broad range of topics, but exciting nonetheless!
Before I started writing, I worked for ten years in the dental studio of Dr. Larry Franks, and my most recent position (2013) was with an orthodontic office as their treatment coordinator. Though I love dentistry and orthodontics – motherhood and being home is currently a priority in my life. I love connecting with other moms here, and I hope you’ll be able to do the same here.
Every day on Instagram I share with you how I pack my kids lunches, along with some combination of what I’m cooking for dinner, fun festive holiday snacks, and of course the usual mom and family musings. This is one place where there is always conversation with other mommas – and I’d love for you to join us!
Just for fun, here are some things you should know about me…
- I love coffee, and I like to enjoy it super hot or super cold. Though I usually end up drinking it room temperature.
- I love to be creative! DIY parties and decor are totally my thing, and I’m getting better at documenting them (see our kitchen renovation here!)
- I love baking and cooking. Creating new recipes and fun, adorable snacks keeps my creative juices flowing. I’m pretty sure that if I don’t do these types of things every single day, a little piece of my soul will die.
- I launched blog shop last year! Check it out here.
- We renewed our vows for our tenth wedding anniversary in September 2015. In our backyard! It was amazing, indeed. (see it here!)
- I am still a debt-free success in the making. I’m not perfect, but I’ve paid off a TON of debt, and like to think I can help you do the same by sharing simple tips now and then.
- We live on a cranberry bog on the South Shore of Massachusetts. We have two dogs, four chickens, two goats and one fish.
- I do not believe in keeping up with The Jones’ and if you do – I hope I can inspire you to change your mind. I’ve spent the better part of my twenties trying to BE Mrs. Jones, really not worth it, trust me!
- Happiness rules in my house. If what you do doesn’t make you happy, you have no choice but to change it. We don’t do things that dull our spirit (except maybe math homework and laundry.)
I feel like I could go on for hours, but I won’t. I hope you will stick around, and I’d really love to hear from you. You can always shoot me an email to say hello, tell me what you want to read, or chat about collaborating.
You’ll never miss a beat if you subscribe to my emails, which you can do here. (I will never spam you, that’s totally lame). I’m usually hanging out on Instagram these days, some pop over and say hi!
Other places you can find me? Here are some fun articles I’ve written as a guest blogger, or have been featured in:
- 5 Reasons Packing Lunch Makes me a Terrible Parent / HuffingtonPost.com
- 16 Things parent bloggers can’t live without / HGTV.com
- I am the mom that everyone tells you not to be / HerViewFromHome.com
- How to pack the best kids lunches in 2016 / Bentgo.com
- Stylish two tone kitchen inspiration / Hative.com
- Lunchbox inspiration from Instagram favorites / Bentgo.com
- 4 fun Easter recipes to skip the sugar rush / Hint.com
- Four ways to freshen up your kids lunchbox now / TheMotherEffinTruth.com
- 16 Must have items for parents on the go / HGTV.com
- How to create space in a small property / AHRN.com
- 10 Ways to use your tax refund to improve your home / SelfStorage.com
Michelle hehrAugust 2, 2016 at 3:16 pm
How do I subscribe to your blog:posts?
GinaAugust 4, 2016 at 6:26 pm
If you enter your email at the bottom of the page, you will be subscribed to my blog updates! Thank you 🙂
Lynda MarshApril 25, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Gina, could you tell me what color hinges you used in your kitchen?
GinaJune 14, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Hi Lynda, they are metal and we didn’t paint them, we left them original 🙂