Oatmeal is SO versatile, which is why it’s one of my favorite breakfast options.
This recipe can be both gluten free (by using gluten free oats) as well as vegan (by using almond or coconut milk). If you’re looking for a higher protein option, you can substitute half the milk for liquid egg whites. This dish will make 6 servings, I always bake in bulk (why do it every day when you don’t have to?!). You can top it with sliced bananas, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts and/or maple syrup!
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (about 1/2 can)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients
- Pour into greased 8×6 glass baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is firm
- Top with your favorite toppings (walnuts, mini chocolate chips, syrup etc.) Enjoy!
- Serves 6, best served warm!
If you love this, click here to see my other baked oatmeal recipes.