Breakfast is my jam. I love coming up with new, easy, delicious ways to start the day, because if I don’t have a good breakfast my day is not the same. I love anything that I can prep and reheat throughout the week – and my go to is usually baked oatmeal – but this egg dish is a game changer! It’s super simple to make, and you can totally customize it, which is the best part.
I made mine with a sweet potato “crust” but you could totally use regular potatoes or even frozen shredded potatoes to make your life easier. Whatever works!
Here’s what you need…
- 6 eggs
- 1 large sweet potato (or regular potato, or frozen hashbrowns)
- 1-2 cups of chopped veggies of your choice. I used mushrooms, onions, broccoli, green pepper and tomatoes.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Here’s what you do…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Preheat 1 tbs of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- While skillet is preheating, peel and shred your potato. You can use a food processor or hand grater for this part.
- Place shredded potatoes in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally, just until slightly tender.
- Transfer potatoes to a greased 9″ round pie plate and season with salt and pepper. Press the potato mixture into a single, evenly spread layer on the bottom of the pie plate.
- Next, add an additional tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, toss your veggies to coat and cook 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Transfer chopped veggies to the pie plate, evenly layering on top of the potato, season with salt and pepper.
- Crack and scramble 6 whole eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour egg mixture on top of veggies and place pie plate into oven
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until eggs are firm and no longer runny.
Optional: You can make this dish your own by adding different veggies, meats or cheeses. I’d suggest mixing your meats with the chopped veggies, or layering between potato and veggies. Top with shredded cheese in the last few minutes of baking to enjoy it melted!
I sliced this into 6 servings and placed it in the fridge, you can reheat in the microwave or on a griddle for a grab and go breakfast! For more breakfast ideas, click here!