Is it baby shower season? I don’t know, but for whatever reason I always feel like I have lost of baby showers in the spring. My oldest baby is about to turn ten, and my youngest 15 months. I thought it would be a good idea to compile some of my favorite practical baby gifts, that will actually get used!
So what am I giving my new mom friends these days? All items that after three kids, have been tried and true!
- up & up sensitive baby wipes these are hands down the best baby wipes out there. They are textured, scent free and thick enough to tackle any poopy diaper explosion. Do not, I repeat, do not, waste your money on “name brand” wipes.
- Since we’re talking about explosions, Pampers swaddlers are my favorite newborn diapers (Huggies little movers are pictured because my littlest is 15 months and once they start moving around, Huggies are so much better!) Diapers are one area that I’m willing to shell out the extra cash, I don’t like wrapping baby bums in sandpaper 😉
- Last on the bum care train is my favorite anti-monkey butt powder (and cream). This was new to me with baby #3 and I was honestly kind of mad I hadn’t discovered it before. It is powder and cream with calamine lotion, for extra calming, and it works like magic.
- I LOVE to give something handmade with every baby shower gift, and pictured are bibs that my very own grandma made for my youngest, baby Vinnie! These are the best kinds of gifts! Search handmade items on Etsy if you don’t have someone local to support.
- If you’re giving a baby blanket, this organic cotton baby blanket is the one to give. So many people register for fleece and to be honest, I never use them. I grabbed this blanket up when Vinnie was brand new, and now he calls it his ni-ni blankey. It’s super soft, and I don’t have to worry about it bothering his skin.
- Speaking of sleeping babies, every mom needs a “Please do not ring the bell” sign! Grab a clear plastic magnetic frame online or at your local department (or dollar) store and they’ll thank you later. I can’t tell you how many times having one of these babies on my front door has saved my sanity (and nap time).
- Onto the topic of diaper bags, they’re great, but only after actually using one is Mom going to know what she needs in a bag. I love these Hands full, Heart full tote bags because it does double (or triple) duty. It can be used as a diaper bag, a Mom tote, a purse, or pretty much anything. And let’s face it, with a new baby, you always have your hands full. (This makes a great bag for putting all your gifts in, too!)
- Lots of people give tiny newborn outfits and hats and socks, and the truth is you never end up using half of them. I like to choose things that can get tucked away for later, like this First 100 Words board book and these wooden penny blocks. These are two of Vinnie’s favorite things right now (in addition to every truck he can find.)
- Last but not least, every mom needs a Target gift card. Never in my life have I met a mom who doesn’t need something from Target. Grab one of these and tuck it in your gift bag.
Is there anything else you’d add to the list? If so, I’d love to hear!