Want more kick ass recipes like this? Be sure you’re subscribed to my weekly emails!
By now most of you know I love baked oatmeal. All of my baked oats recipes are six servings, because I love to have my breakfast ready to go when I wake up. This one was born out of a new obsession for salted caramel, that came out of nowhere (pregnancy cravings much?). Anyway, it’s not overly sweet OR chocolately. It’s the perfect balance, give it a try, and you can always adjust the amount of cocoa powder and sweetener for your liking.
I topped mine with some enjoy life mini chips, walnuts, and a little drizzle of the caramel syrup below…. Enjoy!
A couple of notes before you start… I love this Madhava Organic Salted Caramel Syrup I found in my grocery store for $5. I also prefer to use unsweetened cocoa powder, this time, I used my trusty Dagoba brand cocoa. Last but not least, I always use pink himalayan salt – plus it gives an extra crunch in this recipe!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons salted caramel syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients
- Pour into greased 6x8 baking dish
- Top with a few extra grinds of salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is firm
- Top with whatever you like! I opted for Enjoy Life mini chips, walnuts and a drizzle of caramel syrup.