Ok, so now is the time to panic about Thanksgiving. Haaaa. Just kidding, don’t panic. I’m saving your life with the super easy mini pies I have been sharing over the last week. At least your dessert table will be a hit! If you haven’t seen the mini apple pies, you can find them here.
I really love the ease of these for a few reasons. You can essentially make any pie recipe into twelve mini pies, so there is no recipe adjustment, they are way less messy, and kids love everything mini. In regards to the mess, I really can’t stand crumbs everywhere and people touching someone else’s crust (ha), so if you’re a freak like me, these are a double win!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Pie crust (make your own, or buy a pre-made refrigerated one. I used Immaculate Baking pre-made crusts)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1TBS corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 TBS melted butter
- 1 TBS molasses
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
Here’s how you do it…
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- While the oven is heating, let pie crust come to room temp, and combine pumpkin puree with sugar, corn starch, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Once well combined, add melted butter, then beaten eggs, then blend in milk and molasses
- Grease your muffin tin (I used a baking spray)
- Unroll the pie crusts and use either a cookie cutter or wide mouth glass to cut circles.
- Place 12 pie crust circles over the muffin tins and press down to mold into place.
- Fill each tin with mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes or until pies are not soft in the center, and don’t jiggle with a little shake. (That’s my scientific method, you could also insert a kitchen knife and if it comes out clean, you’re good.)
I also baked these fun little pumpkin spice pie crust crispies and put them on top for a little touch of fall. You can top with whipped cream, or my favorite SO Delicious cocowhip, too!