Our favorite time of year is here again!
If you haven’t noticed, we love making fun, festive food. Halloween through Christmas is our favorite time of year because of all the fun food and extra special activities. This past weekend we were looking for something quick and easy to make as a treat, so I threw together the quick + easy Halloween popcorn with a little help from the middle and little guys.
In case you didn’t notice the chocolate covered toddler above, this is definitely a treat you can have the kids help you out with.
Here’s what you need…
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- Popcorn (we used Popcorn Indiana Kettle corn for simplicity sake, but you can pop your own, too!)
- Chocolate for melting (wafers, chips, whatever you prefer. We used enjoy life chips and white melting wafers this time)
- Your favorite Halloween sprinkles! We got ours from the bakery inside our local grocery store.
Here’s what you do…
- Spread a large piece of parchment paper on countertop, cover with a single layer of popped, cooled popcorn.
- Melt your chocolate.
- Use a spoon to drizzle melted chocolate over top of popcorn, wait for it to cool and harden.
- Repeat a second layer of chocolate, but add sprinkles before it cools.
- Wait for second layer to harden.
- Toss and enjoy!
Easy peasy! You can add more sprinkles, mini marshmallows or even some candies to take this up a notch, but I kind of love the simplicity of it as is, and so did the kiddos!