Pancakes are a weekend breakfast staple in our house. However, baby Vinnie is super sensitive to gluten, and totally sensitive to milk. He doesn’t have a full blown allergy, but anytime he has milk he will break out in a major rash. So we use SO Delicious coconut milk in our house for pretty much everything now.
I knew I needed to make a pancake recipe that everyone would eat, instead of making two or three different kinds. This is how this gluten + dairy free pancake recipe was born!
I didn’t do the whole pour-the-sexy-pancake-syrup-over-the-stack thing because when I make pancakes, I make a huge batch for the week (aaaand I didn’t want to waste any pancakes!) 😉
Pancakes can be fun! Click here to see the Cat in the Hat pancakes I made with this recipe!
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups gluten free flour ( I really like Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups dairy free milk (I used SO Delicious Vanilla)
Here’s what you do…
- Preheat pan or griddle
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, mix well and set aside for 1-2 minutes
- Pour over hot griddle or pan, once edges start to stiffen and bubbles form, flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve with 100% pure maple syrup, or your favorite toppings!