Here’s a fun fact: I loooove buffalo sauce, anything spicy really, but buffalo is a favorite. I really wanted to try making buffalo cauliflower because I also love cauliflower! I’ve seen (and drooled over) a ton of versions of this on Pinterest. Most of them are breaded, which is fine, but I don’t think it’s really necessary. Unless, I suppose, if you’re really going for that faux buffalo “chicken” effect. In which case, I’d just eat the chicken 😉
Here’s what you need…
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped, rinsed and patted dry
- 2-4 TBS olive oil
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (your favorite kind!)
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- 2 tsp dried onion
- black pepper to taste
Here’s what you do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Preheat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Add chopped cauliflower and toss to coat, you may need to add more olive oil depending on the size of your cauliflower – you want it well coated!
- Cook over medium heat, tossing frequently until it begins to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic salt, dried onion and black pepper, toss to coat and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add wing sauce to pan. Toss to coat, and add more as needed.
- Transfer cauliflower to a baking sheet with edges, and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake on 400 degrees until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Optional: Switch from bake to broil and cook under the broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes to get extra crispy. I browned mine for about 2 minutes, tossed, and browned for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch for dipping, enjoy!