Woah baby, I’ve been a mom for a decade! I’ll be honest, I have seen people making a big deal about this and thought it was silly, I mean, why is it any more emotional than every other birthday? Well, if you’re laughing at me now, I’m here to tell you it is a BIG deal. It’s like you blink and a decade has passed! And just for the record – looking at old photos only makes it worse, consider yourself warned.
Now that you know my current situation, here’s how we celebrated our new ten year old this morning! Birthday cake breakfast anyone?
This was actually super simple to make, and I had all the ingredients without having to buy anything special! You can do this with waffles or pancakes, (or both like I did!)
Here’s what you need…
- Pancake mix (or use my gluten free pancake recipe)
- Griddle, skillet or waffle iron (or any combo of above
- Whipped topping of your choice
- Sprinkles of your choice
Here’s what you do…
- Cook the pancakes and waffles according to instructions. Be sure to create several different sizes so you can stack them!
- Layer pancakes and whipped topping, starting with the biggest pancake (or waffle on the bottom). Note: I put the whipped topping around the outer edges, I thought if I covered every pancake it would be too much, and maybe cause them to slide around.
- Top with one big dollop of whipped topping, maple syrup and sprinkles add candles if desired!
- Watch your birthday child freak OUT. 😉
That’s it! You can totally make this your own, and it’s pretty simple to do. I hope you enjoy, and be sure to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more celebration fun. Who doesn’t love a good PARTY?!