Baked oatmeal is one of my all time favorites. This one is great because it’s made with eggs so it has that added protein which will keep you fuller longer. I had initially wanted to use fresh berries for this, but since my boys devour them, I decided to go with my favorite dried berries from Woodstock Foods. Since they are pre-sweetened, you don’t need much sweetener in these oats, if any at all. Feel free to play around with it to suit your tastebuds!
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk (I used vanilla flavored coconut milk)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried mixed berries (I used the bag of blueberry/strawberry/cranberry)
Here’s what you do…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, eggs, vanilla and then add to the dry mixture
- Stir until well combined, and add in dried berries
- Spray or grease glass cooking dish
- Pour mixture into dish and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
*Baking times will vary based on the size dish you choose to bake oatmeal in. I used a 6×8 pan and baked for approximately 20 minutes. Serve warm!
Place the remainder in the fridge, covered, and enjoy within a few days.